Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe | Kollu Thogayal | Horsegram Chutney is a quick recipe to make and It is healthy to have for weight loss. Horsegram Chutney is very popular in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. You can make this within 10 min. Everyone has their own method of preparing Kollu Thogayal. My mom makes this method with very few ingredients.
During my childhood days, my grandma made different thogayal varieties with channa, Green Moong Dal. she used to grind it in Ammi Kal. Ammi Kal chutneys taste good. Especially kara chutney is my favorite one. Yummy! Mouthwatering. and Thuvaiyal in Ammi Kal adds extra taste to the recipe.
For making, Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe, I won’t use coconut. As I focus on a Weight loss diet plan. I skip adding coconut and urad in it. Without many ingredients, you will feel the exact taste of Kollu, which is more healthy and tastier.
A Simple Rasam Rice goes well with Kollu Thogayal. It is the perfect meal plan for lazy days. I use to make this and have it whenever I was affected with a cold or fever. Pepper added in the Rasam is good throat and Tomato tangy tastes stimulates the tastes buds. Kollu Thogayal to balance the spice level
Check for Rasam Recipe – > TRADITIONAL RASAM – (TAMIL NADU STYLE)
Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe | Kollu Thogayal | Horsegram Chutney
- 1/2 cup Broken Horse gram
- 1/2 tsp Cooking oil
- 2 no red chili adjust the spicy level
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 strig Curry leaves
- In medium Flame, Heat a pan and add 1/2 tsp of oil. once oil gets heated. add the Broken Horse gram and saute well until it turns golden brown color.
- Then add red chili and saute it for a min. Turn off the flame. Keep it aside and Cool it down completely for 3 – 4 min.
- Transfer the Roasted Horse gram / Kollu, Red chili, ASafoetida, Curry Leaves, and Required Salt into the blender. Blend it well into a coarse paste by adding very little water. Do not add too much water. then it becomes watery.
- Yummy! Healthy! Horsegram Chutney / Kollu Thuvaiyal recipe is ready in a few min. You can have it with Steamed Plain rice, Rasam.
Step by step pictorial method to make Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe :
To make Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe | Kollu Thogayal | Horsegram Chutney. First Roast the Horse gram in a pan with 1/2tsp of cooking oil. once it turns golden brown remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
Then, add Red chili to the same pan and roast for less than a min. Keep it aside. Allow it cool down.
In the Blender, add the roasted Horsegram and red chili, and curry leaves.
Add salt and Asafoetida, with very little water. Blend it into a coarse paste. Kollu Thogayal is ready.
Healthy Kollu Thuvaiyal is ready to serve. The Best Combo for Kollu Thogayal is with Steamed Rice and Rasam.
If you try this Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe | Kollu Thogayal | Horsegram Chutney. Leave a comment below, and let me know how it turns out for you.
Follow and Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Also, post your suggestions in the comment box below.
For more latest updates –>
Click the Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome again!!