Mutton Liver fry /Lamb Liver Fry is popular in all countries. They have their own style. I will prepare it in South Indian style with spices added in it which enhances the flavor of the recipe.
Health Benefits in Lamb Liver
The liver is a healthy food with many essential nutrients like vitamin B 12, Vitamin A, Folic Acid, Iron, Zinc. It is good to have in women’s meals. Even though it has many essential nutrients it will cause problems if it is taken in large amounts. So the Liver should not be consumed daily, once in a month is better.
Adding spices in the liver gives you the flavor of the recipe and it is tasty to eat. It is a simple recipe with less readily available ingredients. Cooking time is quite more when cooked in a pot. You can also use pressure cookware for cooking the liver. Here I share with you how to make liver fry in a tasty way.
Learning and sharing is a real happiness 😃😃
Indian Mutton /Lamb Liver Fry
- Mutton/Lamb Liver -250 gm
- Cut into small pieces
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Shallots chopped – 10 no’s
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder-1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- chilli powder -1tsp
- Black pepper powder-1 tsp
- Grated coconut optional-2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves few
- 13. Curry leaves few
- Take a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions sauté it well for a few mins until the onion turns glossy.
- Add ½ tsp Turmeric powder, ½ tsp GaramMasala, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1tsp Black pepper powder and sauté well.
- Then add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and cook well till the raw smell goes.
- Add chopped tomato and sauté well.
- Add the Mutton/Lamb liver pieces and salt to taste.
- Now, Add ½ cup water and bring it to boil.
- Then, cover with the lid and cook well until the liver gets soft.
- Now add grated coconut (optional) and fry it in low flame until curry gets completely dry.
- Then, add coriander leaves to garnish and turn off the flame.
Pictorial step by step method:
- Take a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves sauté well.
- Add chopped onions sauté it until it turns glossy.
- Add ½ tsp Turmeric powder, ½ tsp Garam Masala, 1 tsp chili powder, 1tsp Black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste cook well until raw smell leaves.
- Add chopped tomato and sauté well
- Add the Mutton/Lamb Liver pieces and salt to taste.
- Now, Add ½ cup water and allow it to boil.
- Cover with the lid and cook well until the liver gets soft and until curry gets completely dry.
- add grated coconut (optional).
- Add coriander leaves to garnish and turn off the flame.
Mutton/ Lamb liver fry is ready to serve!!!
Serve it with roti, steam rice.
If u like the watch the recipe for
Garam masala homemade
Dindigul Thalapkatti chicken Briyani,
Mutton Chukka recipe
Check this link and enjoy cooking !!!