Rasam is a traditional recipe in South India. We take rasam every day after a meal. It is a Sour, Spicy recipe to have during cold winters. The spices that, I add into the rasam like cumin, black pepper help in relief from the cold, sour throat, loss of appetite and it is a good digestive recipe too. It can also be served with steamed rice along with any vegetable dish or even along with vegetable sambar. Rasam goes well with steamed rice and omelet. It is an unbeatable combo, which everyone loves to have.
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!😊
Come! I will share rasam recipe in a new way with freshly grinding spices which enhance the flavor even more!!! I hope you all love it and will try once more and more 💓💓💓.
Traditional Rasam – (Tamil Nadu Style)
- Tomatoes ripe ones- 3
- Tamarind – 1.5-inch sized ball
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Oil -2 tsp
- Asetafodia – 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Cumin seeds- ½ tbsp
- Black pepper -1/2 tsp
- Garlic- 4 cloves
- Dried red chili- 2
- Boil the chopped tomatoes with 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. Mash it well & make it as a watery and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in warm water and extract its juice (1/2 cup). Throw the pulp.
- Take 1/2tbsp of cumin seeds,1/2 tsp black pepper,2 dries red chilies,4 cloves of garlic, few curry leaves and grind it well as a ground powder.
- Heat a saucepan adds 2 tsp of oil add mustard seeds, curry leaves turmeric powder, asafoetida, the Grind powder and sauté well.
- Now add Mashed tomato water and salt in it and Saute for a few minutes.
- Then add tamarind water, keep the flame in low and add ½cup of water .let it boils for 10 minutes until the forth starts forming on the top.
- Do not boil the rasam as it will lose its flavor.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or have it as a soup.
Pictorial step by step Method:
- Boil the tomatoes and mash it well
- Soak the tamarind in warm water, extract its juice .remove the pulp
- Grind Black Pepper, Cumin seeds, curry leaves, Garlic, Dry red chilies Together as a fine powder.
- Heat a pan add oil, mustard seeds .turmeric powder, curry leaves Asetafodia and the ground powder and sauté well.
- Add the mashed tomato in it and cook for few minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add tamarind water and ½ cup of water.
- Cook in low flame for a few minutes till forth forms.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
Traditional Rasam (Tamilnadu style) is ready to serve. 😋😋😋
Try it in your kitchen! Enjoy and post your valuable comments below and tag @myclickandtick in Instagram
If you like this recipe share with your family and friends through Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp.