Madurai Mutton Chukka recipe is a famous South Indian recipe in the Madurai region of Tamilnadu. NonVeg meal is not fulfilled without mutton chukka. Adding freshly ground masala along with the mutton is a mouthwatering one. This is one of the best dry mutton recipes that you can add to your nonveg meal for special occasions.
I am very happy to share this recipe with you all. If you like this Madurai Mutton Chukka recipe, Do share it with your friends.
Learning and sharing is real Happiness!!!
Non – VEG RECIPES :
- ARCOT NAVAB’S CHICKEN BIRIYANI / HASIN BAIG’S AMBUR STAR BIRIYANI / VANIYAMBAI CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE
- DINDUGUL THALAPAKATTI CHICKEN BIRIYANI
- THALAPPAKATTI MUTTON BIRIYANI
- MUTTON KOLA URUNDAI / MUTTON KEEMA BALLS,
- MUTTON SEMI GRAVY,
- CHICKEN 65 FRY
- CHICKEN LOLLIPOP RECIPE,
Madurai Mutton Chukka
- Mutton – 250gm
- Shallots -10 no’s
- Onion chopped -1 cup
- Tomato -1
- Mustard seeds -½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste -1tsp
- Garam Masala powder -½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – ½ tbsp
- Grated coconut –½ cup
- Curry leaves -few
- Cooking oil 3 tbsp
- Cashews &green chili Optional
- Take a Mutton wash and clean with turmeric powder
- Take a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water, mutton with salt and cook well for 5 whistles.
- Add ½ tsp oil with shallots, 1 tomato in a pan, sauté well and keep aside.
- Take a blender to add ½ a cup of grated coconut with little water and blend it.
- Then add 1/2tbsp of chili powder, 1/2tbsp of garam masala powder, 1/2tsp of turmeric powder, add fried shallots, tomato, and ginger garlic paste in it and blend well into a smooth paste.
- Take a pan to add 2tbsp oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions sauté it well until it turns brown color. Add the cooked mutton pieces , mix well. then, Add the grounded paste and salt and cook well.
- Then add 2 tsp of black pepper powder roast well. until all the masala gets dry.
- Take a separate pan, add 1 tsp of ghee, add the sliced green chilies and a few cashews saute it for a min. Curry leaves with 1/2tbsp of ghee. And garnish it. (optional)
- Now Madurai Mutton Chukka is ready to serve.
Step by Step pictorial method to make Madurai Mutton Chukka :
Take a Mutton wash and clean with turmeric powder, Take a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water, mutton with salt, and cook well for 5 whistles .
Heat a pan, Add ½ tsp oil, shallots, tomato, sauté well and add it to the blender with add ½ a cup of grated coconut with little water, 1/2tbsp of chili powder, 1/2tbsp of garam masala powder, 1/2tsp of turmeric powder, and ginger garlic paste and blend well into a smooth paste.
Take a pan to add 2tbsp oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves. Add chopped onions sauté it well until it turns golden brown color.
Add the cooked mutton pieces, mix well. Add the grounded paste and salt and cook well.
Then, Add 2 tsp of black pepper powder roast well. Cook well until all the masala gets dry.
Heat a separate pan with a tsp of ghee, add the sliced green chilies, a few cashews, Curry leaves, and Saute it for a min. garnish it. (optional)
Yummy Madurai Mutton Chukka is ready to serve!!
Serve Madurai mutton Chukka with Roti, any Non veg Biriyani, plain white steamed rice , idly, dosa.
Hi you are posting best information, it’s very useful to everyone, keep updating this type of interesting articles.