Aloo Matar Curry is a simple Punjabi recipe tempering with spices, onions give more flavor to the curry, It is an easy recipe for beginners to do and won’t go wrong. It’s a loved recipe for kids. We can have this aloo & Matar curry is an excellent combo with Poori, Chapathi, paratha, naan vegetable pulao, ghee rice.
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
Come I will share how to make aloo Matar curry recipe in a simple way. Try this in your kitchen. I hope you all Love it
Aloo Matar Curry
- Oil -4 tbsp
- Matar Green peas – 1 cup
- Aloo potato- 7
- Shattots- 1 cup
- Coconut -1 cup
- Big onion – chopped
- Tomato -2 finely chopped
- Green Chilly -2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tbsp
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 2 tbsp
- Salt- required
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves -few
- Add the 1 cup Matar and 7 Aloo in a pressure cooker with 2 ½ cups of water for 3 whistles and make aloo into small pieces.
- Take 1 tsp of oil and add shallots sauté it well.
- Add a 1cup of coconut and fried shallots into the mixer and grind well.
- Heat a pan with oil, mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves.
- Now add chopped onion, salt and cook well till onion turns glassy.
- Then, Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- Now, add 2 chopped tomatoes and cook well till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 2 tbsp garam masala and sauté well on low flame.
- Add the cooked Aloo and Matar and mix well
- Then, Add the coconut -shallot paste and 1 cup of water, cook well for 10 min and add the salt for taste.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve the tasty aloo Matar curry with poori !!!!.
Pictorial step by step Method:
- Cook Matar and Aloo in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Grind fried shallots and coconut in a mixer.
- Take a pan add oil, mustard, cumin, curry leaves, and sauté well.
- Add chopped onion and salt till onion turns glassy.
- Add the ginger garlic paste in it and cook for few minutes.
- Then, add Chopped tomato, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder,2 tbsp garam masala and sauté it.
- Add cooked aloo and Matar, mix well.
- Add the ground shallot coconut paste and water cook for 15 min
- Add salt and cook well for 10 min.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
Aloo Matar curry with poori is ready to serve.😋😋😋😋
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.