Aloo Matar Curry is a simple Punjabi recipe tempering with spices, and onions to give more flavor to the curry, It is an easy recipe for beginners to do and won’t go wrong. It’s a loved recipe for kids. We can have this aloo & Matar curry is an excellent combo with Poori, Chapathi, paratha, naan vegetable pulao, and ghee rice.
Learning and Sharing are real Happiness!!!!!!
Come I will share how to make aloo Matar curry / Green peas curry recipe in a simple way. Try this in your kitchen. I hope you all Love it
Aloo Matar Curry
- Oil -4 tbsp
- Matar Green peas – 1 cup
- Aloo potato- 7
- Shattots- 1 cup
- Coconut -1 cup
- Big onion – chopped
- Tomato -2 finely chopped
- Green Chilly -2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tbsp
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 2 tbsp
- Salt- required
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves -few
- Add the 1 cup Matar and 7 Aloo in a pressure cooker with 2 ½ cups of water for 2 whistles and make aloo into small pieces.
- Heat a pan to add 1 tsp of oil and add shallots sauté it well until it turns glossy.
- To make a paste. Add 1 cup of coconut pieces with little water, and blend well into a paste. and then add fried shallots to it and make a fine paste. keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, mustard, cumin seeds, and curry leaves.
- once the mustard seeds get popped up. add chopped onion, and salt and cook well until it turns glossy.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and cook well till the raw smell goes away.
- Now, add 2 chopped tomatoes and cook well to make the tomatoes mushy.
- Th en, add, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder, and 2 tbsp garam masala, andsauté well on low flame.
- Add the cooked Aloo and Green peas and mix well. check for salt. and cook for 5 min.
- Then, Add the coconut -shallot paste and 1 cup of water, and cook well for 10 min until the oil gets separated.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve the tasty aloo Matar curry with poori or roti or with coconut milk rice. !!!!.
Step-by-step pictorial method to make Aloo Matar Curry / Green peas curry :
Cook Fresh Green peas and Aloo in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles. peel the potato skin. (if you are using dry green peas, soak well, pressure cook it for 3 whistles, and add it to the curry )
Add the fresh coconut pieces to the blender. blend well into a smooth paste with little water. then, add the fried shallots with little water and make it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
Take a pan to heat oil, mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves, and sauté well.
Add chopped onion and salt. cook well until the onion turns glassy.
Add the ginger-garlic paste to it and cook until the raw smell goes away.
Then, add Chopped tomato, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder, and 2 tbsp garam masala, and sauté it.
Add cooked aloo and Green peas, and mix well.
Check for salt. Add the shallot- coconut paste. mix well
Then, add water and cook for about 15 mins.
Cook until the oil gets separated from the curry. Finally, garnish it with coriander leaves.
Aloo Matar curry is ready to serve. Have it with poori or roti, or Coconut milk rice.😋😋😋😋
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.