100% HEALTHY SPINACH CHAPATHI/ GREEN ROTI is a healthy and tasty Indian flatbread. Nowadays chapati is a regular recipe in all homes in south India. Normally kids avoid adding spinach to their meals, This recipe is a healthy dish to add to their meals.
Where to use 100% Healthy Spinach Chapathi /Green Roti?
You can have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner .you can also use this roti for wrapping purposes. Wrapping spinach chapati with Paneer Bhujri, egg masala with a few onions lemon juice, and tomato gives you a flawless taste. Kids love it a lot.
Whenever I find spinach, I make this chapati in our home. Now, it is a regular recipe in my kitchen. You can use any spinach variety which is readily available to you and make palak chapati.
Sidedish Curry Recipes for green roti :
goes well with spinach chapathi.
Come I will share you all!!!! How to make a 100% healthy spinach chapati/Green roti with step-by-step pictures. Hope you all love it
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
100% HEALTHY SPINACH CHAPATHI/ GREEN ROTI
- Rolling Pin
- Wodden board
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 Garlic
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Hot water req
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Green chili
- 1 cub Arakeerai/Amaranthus Dubius
- Butter optional
- Add the arakeerai, green chillies, ginger, garlic, with little water blend well into a fine paste. Keep it aside. In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of wheat, 1/2 tsp salt,1tsp of oil, mix it well.
- Add Spinach paste, mix well. then, add hot water gradually.
- Knead well for about 10-15 min and make a soft dough. apply oil on the top of the dough, cover it with a moist cloth. let it sit for 1 hour.
- After the rest time, the dough becomes softer, knead it for 5 min. Dust the clean workspace or chapati board with flour to avoid stickiness, Roll the dough to get a long shape.
- Cut the long shape dough into small pieces with a knife and make balls between your palms.
- Roll the balls evenly using a rolling pin into a circle chapati. Dustoff the excess flour.
- Otherside, Heat the dosa Tawa and place the chapati.
- Gently, press the edge of the chapati with a cotton towel /spoon to puff up.
- Once the chapati puffs up, flip to the other side and cook for the next 1min. cook until you find the small dark spots.
- Before start doing chapati these are the tips to be noted for a soft chapati recipe.
- To make soft chapati, add hot water gradually to knead the dough.
- Adding oil keeps the dough won’t dry up and make it smoother.
- Once the dough prepared, do not keep the dough to dry. So, I use a moist cloth to cover it
- Note: you can use any green leaves.
Try it in your kitchen!!! and enjoy with your loved ones !!!
Step-by-step pictorial method of how to make 100% HEALTHY SPINACH CHAPATHI/ GREEN ROTI :
Step 1: Add clean arakeerai, green chilies, ginger, and garlic, with a little water blend well into a fine paste. Keep it aside
Step 2 : In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of wheat, 1/2 tsp salt,1 tsp of oil, mix it well. Add Green leaf chutney, mix well. then, add water gradually, mix well.
Step 3 : Knead well and make a dough. apply oil on the top of the dough, cover it with a moist cloth. let it sit for 1 hour.
Step 4: After the rest time, the dough becomes softer, Dust some wheat flour in the workspace to avoid stickiness, Knead well.
Step 5: Roll the dough to get a long shape. Cut the long shape dough cut it into small pieces with a knife
Step 6 : Make balls and flatten it between your palms.
Step 7: Roll the balls evenly using a rolling pin into a circle chapati. Heat the dosa Tawa and Dustoff the excess flour, place the chapati. see how the chapati puffs up.
Step 8 : ( you can make different shapes of chapati) – For triangle shape: first, make a circle chapati, Then fold it into half, Again fold it into half, Roll it with a rolling pin. you will get the perfect triangle shape. Place it in hot tawa
Flip to another side and cook for a min. gently press with the cotton towel at the edges
Step 9 : Apply butter on the top and serve hot chapathi.
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –> Click Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
If you like this recipe. Do Share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and#myclickandtick on Instagram.
Thanks for visiting my Blog, Welcome again!