Poori is a popular Breakfast Recipe all over India. It is served in all ceremonials.
When I was young, I and my sister often ask my mom to do poori at home. So, as holiday food we have poori as our Sunday breakfast every week. My mom gave useful tips to make soft, Fluffy & crispy poori.
Come I will share you all!!!! How to make a Soft, Crispy, fluffy poori by using wheat flour with step-by-step pictures. Hope you all love it 💓
Tips to make Soft puffy Crispy Poori :
- Before start doing poori these are the Tips to be noted for a soft puffy crispy poori recipe.
- Adding 1tbsp of Rava to the wheat makes it more crispy.
- Adding 1/2 tsp sugar gives a pinch of sweetness and golden brown color to poori.
- Add water gradually to knead the dough.
- Adding oil keeps the dough won’t dry up and make it smoother.
- Once the dough is prepared, do not keep the dough dry. So, I use a moist cloth to cover it.
Poori Recipe –Soft- Fluffy-Crispy
- 3 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Rava
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- Water as required to knead
- Oil required for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl add 3 cups of wheat, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1tbsp of Rava, salt to taste and mix it well.
- Now add water gradually and make a dough.
- Add 1 tsp of oil in the dough and knead well. (The dough should not be too soft).
- Divide the dough into half and roll to get a long shape. Keeps the other half applying oil on the top so that dough won’t dry up.
- Cut the long shape dough into small pieces with a knife and make balls between your palms. Do the same with the other half.
- Roll the balls evenly using a rolling pin into a circle poori.
- Otherside, Heat oil in the pan and gently drop rolled poori.
- Gently press the poori with the spoon to puff up.
- Once the bottom side turns golden brown color turn the poori.
- Drain the excess oil and serve the hot poori with green peas & potato curry.
Pictorial Instructions to make Poori :
Add wheat flour, Sugar, Rava, Salt, and Oil to a bowl and mix well.
Add water gradually, Knead and make a dough( the dough should not be softer)
Make the dough in half and roll to get a long shape. Cut the dough into small pieces using a knife and make balls between your palms.
Roll the balls evenly using a rolling pin into a circle poor.
Heat oil in the pan and gently drop rolled poori.
Press the poori with the spoon to puff up. Once the bottom side turns golden brown color turn the poor.
Remove the excess oil and serve the hot poori with ALOO MATAR CURRY
Now, yummy! Soft, Fluffy, Crispy Poori is ready to be served.😋😋
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –> Click Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
===>Say-Hi in my social media accounts ==>Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest Twitter Facebook.
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Welcome again!!!