Amla Rice /Nellikaisadham/Gooseberry Rice Recipe is an easy, simple, delicious, and instant south Indian recipe with the complete tangy flavor of Amla. This is a must-try recipe in the season of gooseberry.
Health benefits of Amla/gooseberry :
Amla is high in vitamin-C, chromium reduces the blood sugar level which is good for diabetic patients. It helps to strengthen the lungs, enhances fertility, healthier hair growth, body coolant, strengthens eyes, acts as an antioxidant.
Amla rice /NellikaiSadham/Gooseberry rice recipe
- Boiled Rice-2cup
- Cinnamon- 1 1 inch
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Fennel seeds-1/2tsp
- Ginger-1tsp chopped
- Garlic-1tsp chopped
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Green Chilly -2
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt- req
- Grate 4 gooseberries with the veg grater and set aside.
- Heat a pan with 2tbsp of ghee,1 cinnamon, 2 cloves,2 cardamoms, Fennel seeds cumin seeds, Mustard urad dal, curry leaves sauté it.
- Add chopped garlic & ginger, saute well.
- Add Cashews, Dry roasted peanuts 2 green chillies.
- Then, add Turmeric powder, Asetafoia, and sauté well.
- Add grated amla/Gooseberry, salt, mix well.
- Now, add the boiled rice, mix gently.
- Add,1/4tsp of lemon juice. Immediately turn off the flame, fluff it gently. Serve it hot.
Serve the Tangy Amla Rice /Nallikai Sadham/Gooseberry Rice with Papad, Veg Starters!!!!
Try it in your kitchen!!! and enjoy with your loved ones !!!
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and#myclickandtick on Instagram.