Tomato Rice/Thakkali Sadham is a spicy simple one-pot recipe and very popular in South India. It is an easy and quick recipe that goes well with onion raita or aloo matter curry. It is the best bachelor recipe to make it with pressure cookware or pot.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedure and pictorial method of making Tomato Rice in the pressure cooker method.
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
This kitchen is seasoned with Love
TOMOTA RICE/THAKKALI SADHAM
- Normal Rice-1 ½ cup Water ratio 1:2
- Garlic -Garlic Paste -1 tbsp
- Coriander & mint leaves- 1 full hand
- Cinnamon- 2 2 inch
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Fennel seeds-1/2tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Onion-1 chopped
- Green Chilly -5
- Tomato -7
- Corriander powder-1tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Chili powder- 1tsp
- Bay leaf -2
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt- req
- Take the blender, Add Tomatoes blends well into a paste. Set aside.
- Soak the rice for 20 min.
- Heat a pressure cooker pan with 2 tbsp of oil, 2 tbsp of ghee, 2 cinnamon, 3 cloves,2 cardamoms, 2 bay leaves Fennel seeds cumin seeds, sauté it.
- Add chopped onion, 5 green chillies, and salt. cook well till onion turns glossy.
- Then, Add ginger-garlic paste, coriander, mint leaves and sauté well until raw smell goes.
- Then add the tomato paste, sautés well in low flame for a few mins.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, mix well.
- Now, Add 3 cups of water, mix well.
- Once forth comes, Add the soaked rice and mix well. Check for salt
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 5 whistles.
- Gently fluff the tomato rice and mix it. (do not over fluff, the rice may be broken).
- Turn on the flame, Once the pressure released. open the pressure cooker, garnish it with coriander and mint leaves.
If you are using the basmati rice, wash clean, a soak it for 30 min, for cooking the water ratio is 1:1 and cook for 1 whistle in pressure cookware.
Try it in your kitchen!!! and enjoy with your loved ones !!! Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and#myclickandtick on Instagram.