SNAKE GUARD FRY/ PUDALANGAI FRY RECIPE is a simple south Indian side dish that can be served with any vegetarian meals. It is a quick recipe that can be served within 15 minutes which is healthy too.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedure and the pictorial method of making Pudalangai Poriyal/Snake Guard fry Poriyal.
SNAKE GUARD FRY/ PUDALANGAI FRY RECIPE
- 2 cups Snake guard peeled, cleaned, & cut into small squares
- ½ cup Channa dal
- 10 Chopped Shallots
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Green chilies
- ¼ cup Grated coconut
- A few curry leaves.
- Clean, chop the snake guard and cut it into small square pieces.
- Add the chopped snake guard & channa dal to a pan with 4 cups of water, salt, turmeric powder, Bring it to boil for10mins.let all water evaporates while cooking. (if you still have excess water, rise your flame high and stir constantly, water gets evaporated quickly.do not strain the water, you will lose the nutrients).
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of oil, 1 tsp Mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves and saute it well.
- Add chopped shallots along with green chillies, salt & saute well until all onion turns glossy.
- Then, add boiled snake guards & channa dal, salt, saute well until gets roasted.
- Add grated coconut to garnish the dish. Turn off the stove.
- Serve the snake guard Fry/Pudalangai Poriyal along with steamed Rice, sambar rasam, dal fry,Sambar !!!
Serve the snake guard Fry/Pudalangai Poriyal along with steamed Rice, Rasam, Dal fry Sambar !!!
Try it in your kitchen! Post your valuable comments below and tag @myclickandtick in Instagram. For more latest updates Subscribe the blog and verify it through your email.
If you like this recipe share with your family and friends through Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp.