Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe / Chettinad Chicken Kuzhambu Recipe is very popular in TamilNadu. Freshly grounded masala gives you a flawless aroma. Spicy lovers it’s for you all!! Adding the freshly grounded masala with a good proportion is more important for the taste and gives you a flawless aroma & delicious too. Once you tried this recipe in your kitchen, I am sure, you will make it again and again.
You can have this with Plain Rice, Dosa, Idly, Parotta, roti, Idiyappam, Poori, best side dish for all Chicken Biriyani.
Come, I will share it with you all!!!! How to make a Spicy Chettinad Chicken Gravy recipe with step by step pictures. Hope you all love it.
Do check the link for more Non Veg recipes:
- Chicken Biriyani Recipes
- Earthenware Chicken Curry-Village Style / Claypot Chicken Curry Recipe
- Chicken 65
- Traditional Aracha Meen Kuzhambu/ Fish curry
- Mutton Chukka recipe
CHETTINAD CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE / CHETTINAD CHICKEN KUZHAMBU RECIPE
- 1/2 Kg Chicken with Bones
- 2 tbsp Gingerly oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 No Bay Leaf
- 1 No Cinnamon (1inch)
- 2 No Cloves
- 1 No Cardamom
- 1 No Big onion Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Few Curry Leaves
- Few Corriander leaves
- Salt Required
Chettinad Masala Paste :
- 1 No Big Onion Finely Chopped)
- 1 No Tomato (Medium size) Finely chopped
- 3 No Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp Corriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Nos Cinnamon (1 inch)
- 2 Nos Cardamom
- 2 Nos Cloves
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 6 Nos Cashews
- To make Chettinad masala paste–> Take a pan d 1 tsp of oil and add the dry ingredients first and roast well, Then add the chopped onions, tomato saute well for a few mins. Add 1/2 cup of water and blend well into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- To make Coconut paste –>Take 1/4 cup grated coconut , fennel seeds, Cashews,1/4 cup of water in the blender and Blend well into a fine paste.
- Heat a pan to add 2 tbsp of Gingerly oil, 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds, 1 tsp Cumin seeds,1 No Bay Leaf,1 Cinnamon (1inch), 2 Cloves,1 Cardamom, curry leaves and Then, add the chopped onion, 1 tsp salt, roast well.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, and mix well. Then, add Ginger-Garlic paste and saute well until raw smell goes away.
- Add the cleaned chicken and mix well. Add the grounded Chettinad masala paste, salt req, and mix well. Add ½ cup of water, mix and allow it to cook for 10 min.
- Now, add Coconut milk paste and mix well, Add salt if required, Mix well and cook for 7-10 min.
- Garnish it with few coriander leaves and serve it hot with Plain Rice, Dosa , Idly, Parotta, roti, Idiyappam,Poori, best side dish for all Chicken Biriyani.
Step by Step pictorial method of CHETTINAD CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE :
Step 1: Heat a pan, add oil, cumin seeds, Corriander seeds, Black pepper, Dry chilies, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom for 1 min. Then, add the chopped onion and roast well.
Step2 : Add the chopped tomato ,Mix and Saute well.
Step 3: Add 1/4 cup of water and blend well into a smooth paste, keep it aside.
Step 4: Add 1/2 cup of water with grated coconut, cashews, Fennel seeds in the blender and blend well into a fine paste. Keep it aside.
Step 5: Heat a pan to add oil, Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, curry leaves. Then, add the chopped onion, req salt and saute well.
Step 6: Add turmeric powder, chili powder, and mix well. then, add Ginger-Garlic paste and saute well until raw smell goes away.
Step 7: Add the cleaned chicken and mix well. Add the grounded masala paste, salt req, and mix well.
Step 8: If you want more gravy, add 1/2 cup of water and mix and cook well for 10 mins.
Step 9 : Add the coconut paste , mix and cook well for few min.
Step 10: Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with Plain Rice, Dosa, Idly, Parotta, roti, Idiyappam, Poori, best side dish for all Chicken Biriyani.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, let me know how it turns out for you.
Follow and Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Also, post your suggestions in the comment box below.
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –> Click the Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome again!!