Kara Boonthi / Masala Boonthi is a simple fried snack. It is one of the popular festive snacks in south India for all special occasions, especially for Diwali. It is a crispy & little spicy recipe. It is an excellent and easy snack recipe to make within a few mins and it goes well with coffee or tea. Come!! I will share with you the step-by-step method of making crispy spicy Kara Boonthi in a simple way.
Do check Snack recipes :
MASALA VADA RECIPE / PARUPU VADAI / CHANA DAL VADA/ CHATTAMBADE RECIPE
Kara Boonthi/Masala Boonthi
- Rice flour- 2tbsp
- Besan flour – 1 ½ cup
- Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
- Chili powder-1tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Baking soda small pinch
- Curry leaves cashews (few)
- Pepper powder optional
- Take 1 ½ cup of besan flour in a bowl.
- Add 2tbsp of Rice flour ½ tsp turmeric powder,1tsp chilli powder, a pinch of baking soda, salt to taste, Mix well.
- Add water slowly and mix well.
- Prepare a batter in little watery consistency. ( batter should not be too thin nor too thick)).
- Turn on the flame, Take a pan and add enough cooking oil to deep fry.
- Take perforated spoon &Gently pour the batter on the perforated spoon/ jalli karandi.
- Batter drops down through the holes into the oil.
- Now gently sauté the Kara Boonthi’s.
- Strain the oil and collect Kara Boonthi’s in the bowl.
- Follow the same with the remaining batter.
- Garnish it with fried curry leaves and cashews.
- If u want more salt &spicy. Sprinkle little salt & pepper powder or chilli powder.
- Store it in an airtight container. Serve and enjoy the spicy and crispy kara Boonthi with a good tea /coffee.
Pictorial step by step method to make Kara Boonthi / Masala Boonthi :
Take 1 ½ cup of besan flour in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of Rice flour, ½ tsp Turmeric powder, 1tsp chili powder, a pinch of baking soda, and salt to taste, Mix well. Add 2 tbsp of Rice flour and mix well.
Add water gradually and mix well without any lumps.
Prepare a batter little watery. (Batter should not be too thin & not too thick)
Heat sufficient oil in the Kadai. Take a perforated spoon. Gently pour the batter on the perforated spoon/ Jalli Karandi. The batter drops down through the holes into the oil.
Now gently sauté Kara Boonthi’s.
Strain the oil and collect Kara Boonthi’s in the bowl.
Follow the same with the remaining batter.
Garnish it with add fried cashews and curry leaves
Add pepper powder/chili powder and salt, if u need spicier (optional)
Store it in an airtight container. Serve and enjoy the spicy and crispy Masala Boonthi with a good tea /coffee.
Serve and enjoy Kara Boonthi / Masala Boonthi with a good cup of tea/coffee.
If you try this Kollu Thuvaiyal Recipe | Kollu Thogayal | Horsegram Chutney. Leave a comment below, and let me know how it turns out for you.
Follow and Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Also, post your suggestions in the comment box below.
For more latest updates –>
Click the Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome again!!