Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney is a simple tasty chutney recipe. we can have this with idli, dosa, Pongal, Upma, Chapathi or with Plain rice too. Sambar and chutney are the mandatory recipes for breakfast in the south Indian kitchen. Having the same chutneys for all days is a boring one. We can make different flavors in chutney to add for breakfast. This Classic green chutney recipe is made with fresh coriander and mint leaves with lots of nutritional and medicinal benefits. you can add this Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney to your breakfast.
Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney goes well with Medu vada, Masala Vada. check for the recipes => ULUNDHU VADAI RECIPE/ MEDU VADA RECIPE, MASALA VADA RECIPE / PARUPU VADAI / CHANA DAL VADA/ CHATTAMBADE RECIPE
Tips to follow for Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney :
- Wash the mint and coriander leaves thoroughly in running water to remove the sand in it.
- Saute the fresh green leaves until it turns shrinky and shiny .
- Adding tamarind gives you sour taste which enhances the flavour.
- You can also skip adding tomatoes, if you dont want toomuch sour taste.
- You can alter this chutney recipe by adding fresh grated coconut .
- Depending on your spicy level you can add or remove the green chilies .
- You can refrigerate it and use for 2-3 days.
I will share the Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney recipe with you all in my style. if you like this recipe share it with your friends.
Learning and sharing is a real Happiness!
Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney
- 1 pan and spatula
- Mixer Grinder
- 1/4 Cup Mint leaves
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 2 nos Green chilies
- 1 no Tomato
- 1 inch Tamarind
- 6 nos Shallots
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- curry leaves
- Firstly, wash the mint and coriander leaves in running water. peel the shallosand keep it aside .
- Heat a pan, add 2 tsp of oil , 1 tbsp of urad dal, 2 slit green chilies, shallots, tamarind saute well for 5 min.
- Then, add the washed mint and coriander leaves, sliced tomato, saute well until the tomato and leaves shrinky and shiny. add salt to taste
- Turn off the flame, allow it to cool. Once the mixture gets cool down, Blend them well in the mixer grinder into a fine paste by adding 2 tbsp of water. transfer the Mint corinader chutney to the bowl.
- For tempering, Heat the same pan with 2 tsp of oil. once the oil gets heated up, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves. add it to the Mint Coriander chutney. Now it is ready to serve with hot idly, dosa, Upma, Pongal, Vada ( ULUNDHU VADAI RECIPE/ MEDU VADA RECIPE, MASALA VADA RECIPE / PARUPU VADAI / CHANA DAL VADA/ CHATTAMBADE RECIPE) or for plain rice too.
Pictorial step by step procedure of how to make Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney :
Take an equal amount of mint and coriander leaves. Wash the Mint and Coriander leave in running water. peel the shallots, slit the green chiles, slice the tomato and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal, tamarind, green chilies, and saute well until the urad dal turns golden brown color. then, add shallots and saute well until it turns glossy.
Then, add the tomato, mint coriander leaves and saute well until it becomes shrinky and shiny. Add salt and allow it to cool.
Now, add the mixture to the blender and blend well into a fine paste by adding 2 tbsp of water. (you can adjust the water for your convenience). transfer the Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney in a bowl.
For Tempering: heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, a few curry leaves, and add it to the Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney. mix well and serve it with idly, dosa, rice, Upma, Pongal, vada,
Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney is ready !!!! You can refrigerate it and use for 2-3 days.
it goes well with medu vada, Masala Vada. check for the recipes => ULUNDHU VADAI RECIPE/ MEDU VADA RECIPE
If you try this Pudina Kothamalli / Mint Coriander Chutney recipe, leave a comment below,
let me know how it turns out for you.
Follow and Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Also, post your suggestions in the comment box below.
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –>
Click the Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome again!!