KUZHI PANIYARAM SWEET -WITH JAGGERY WATER is a deadly combination that is a popular Chettinad Breakfast Recipe in south India. It is an easy recipe to make on special occasions by adding an additional variety of dishes on your plate. only we need is a paniyaram Chatti /appe pan. It can be served as a healthy snack that everyone loves to have. you can prepare kuzhi paniyaram batter wi for making this recipe or you can use idly /dosa batter. but this Kuzhi paniyaram batter adds even more taste for the recipe.
Medicinal benefits for cold
Whenever I feel cold, my mom used to make this Kuzhi Paniyaram sweet- jaggery water and pal kolukattai with some dry ginger pepper mixture. Making jaggery water is quite different here, adding ayurvedic medicinal things like dried ginger & black pepper helps to get relief from the cold, sour throat.
How to make Paniyaram batter?
Also, I followed my grandma’s Paniyaram batter preparation method in it. Check with this link for the Paniyaram batter method. we can make more paniyaram recipes with the same batter, we can make dosa using this batter (pacharisi /raw rice dosa). very easy to make in-home.
Learning and sharing is real Happiness 😊😊😊
Come I will share you all!!!! How to make a KUZHI PANIYARAM SWEET -WITH JAGGERY WATER with step by step pictures.
KUZHI PANIYARAM SWEET -WITH JAGGERY WATER
- Paniyaram chatti Or Appe pan.
- Mixer Grinder
- Panniyaram Batter or Idly Batter
- Salt to taste
Blend it into powder:
- Dried ginger – ½ inch
- Black pepper- 7 nos
- Cardamom- 4nos.
Jaggery water preparation:
- Take a saucepan, add 2 cups of water, ½ cup of jaggery, cardamoms (powder it),1/2 inch dried ginger (powder it), Black pepper -7 nos (powder it) mix well till the jaggery dissolves, stir it for 5 min in low flame.
- Now, take the Paniyaram batter in a bowl and mix well.
- Take Paniyaram chatti /appe pan & grease with ghee and pour the batter 3/4 th level of Paniyaram mold.
- Let the batter cook for 2-3 minutes on a low flame .
- Turnover the Kuzhi Paniyaram on the other side and cook well.
- Once the Paniyaram is cooked uniformly on both sides, take and Soak the Paniyaram in jaggery water for 2 more minutes and serve it.
- Yummy & Delicious Kuzhi Paniyaram sweet – with jaggery water is ready to serve.
- Serve it for evening snack or for breakfast .
Pictorial Step by step method to make Kuzhi Paniyaram sweet – with jaggery water
- Take a saucepan and boil the water.
- Add jaggery and stir well.
- Add powdered dried ginger, black pepper, cardamom and mix well. and keep it aside.
- Take a Paniyaram batter in a bowl, add a small pinch of baking soda in it mix well.
- Take a Paniyaram Chatti /Appe pan and grease it with ghee or oil. Pour the Paniyaram batter to the 3/4th level to the Paniyaram pan mold.
- Let it cook for 3 min in low flame.
- Turnover the Paniyaram and cook well on the other side.
- Take the Paniyaram and soak in the jaggery water for 5 min and Seve it.
- Jaggery water should be in water consistency.
- If you don’t want sweet, skip jaggery water preparation, and have it as itself or have it along with coconut chutney is a good combination.
Kuzhi Paniyaram with jaggery water is ready to serve!!!
Try it in your kitchen!!!!