Chicken lollipop recipe is a delicious and popular appetizer in Indian Chinese cuisine. It is a crispy and mouthwatering appetizer for the party menu and an all-time favorite dish for both kids and grownups.
Frenching the chicken whole wings or drummettes can be used for making chicken lollipops. nowadays lollipop-shaped chicken pieces are readily available in meat shops. You can make a chicken lollipop recipe in two ways, firstly marinating the chicken and deep fry. the second is tossing the deep-fried chicken with the sauce.
It’s my favorite appetizer in chicken. Whenever I have biriyani in restaurants Chicken lollipop is the mandatory side dish. I felt too much food color filled in the fingers while eating chicken lollipops in restaurants which is not good for health. I stopped eating fried appetizers in restaurants and started making them in the home of my own.
This recipe is typically an Indian version of the chicken lollipop. Adding homemade masalas, perfect marination adds extra flavor to the dish. Follow the tips to get the perfect crispy chicken lollipop recipe.
Come, I will share with you all to make the perfect chicken lollipop recipe in Indian style. If you like this recipe share it with your loved ones.
Learning and sharing is a real happiness
Tips to make the perfect chicken lollipop recipe:
- Soak the chicken pieces in buttermilk for 30 minutes – 1 hour, it gives soft and tender chicken. Do not skip this step.
- Do not fry the chicken in high flame, as it may dark brown the chicken outer portion very soon and the inner portion is not completely cooked. In low flame, chicken pieces become harder soon. so, maintain the medium flame while frying the chicken lollipop.
- To make a chicken lollipop shape, first cut down the wings portion. Hold the one end of the bone and with the help of a knife bring all the meat together to the other end and Now hold and shape it with the palm to get the perfect chicken lollipop shape.
- Marinate the chicken pieces for at least 1 hour so that the masalas get completely
Similar Starter Recipes :
- VAZHAIPOO KOLA URUNDAI / BANANA BLOSSOM CRISPY BALLS /VAZHAIPOO KOLA
- ULUNDHU VADAI RECIPE/ MEDU VADA RECIPE
- CHICKEN 65 FRY
- MUTTON KOLA URUNDAI / MUTTON KEEMA BALLS
- CRISPY FISH LOLLYPOP
Chicken lollipop recipe
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 500 grams Chicken lollipop pieces
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilii powder
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cups Butter milk
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Enough cooking oil to deep fry
- Required salt to taste
- Clean the chicken lollipop pieces twice with enough water. and soak it in the 2 cups of butter milk for min 30 min.
- Drain the butter milk . Take a bowl , add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste ,1/2 tsp of turmeric powder,1tbsp of Kashmiri chili powder, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp pepper powder ,1 tsp of oil, required salt, mix well and make a paste. Now, add the soaked lolliop pieces and mix well and combine the masala with the lolliops.
- Then, add 2 tbsp of corn flour in it and combine well. Check for seasoning and allow it to soak the lollipop pieces individually on a plate for around 1-2 hours.
- Take a wide pan and add enough oil to fry chicken lollipop pieces. Once the oil gets heated, Gently add the chicken lollipop one by one and fry it for 5 min each side .Turn to other side and fry , until it turns brown color .
- Serve it hot with pieces. squeezing lemon wedges on the top adds additional flavor to the dish.
Step by step pictorial method to make Chicken lollipop recipe :
Step 1: Wash and soak chicken lollipop pieces in buttermilk for min 30 minutes.
Step 2: Take a bowl , add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste ,1/2 tsp of turmeric powder,1tbsp of Kashmiri chili powder, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp pepper powder ,1 tsp of oil, required salt, mix well and make a paste.
Step 3: Drain the buttermilk and add the soaked pieces with the masala paste. mix well and coat the masala with chicken. Add 2 tbsp of cornflour and mix well.
Step 4: Check for seasoning and allow it to marinate the lollipop pieces individually on a plate for around 1-2 hours.
Step5: Take a wide pan and add enough oil to fry chicken lollipop pieces. Once the oil gets heated. Gently add the chicken lollipops one by one and fry it in medium flame.
Step 6: Turn to other side and fry , until it turns brown color .
Step 7: Serve it hot by squeezing lemon wedges on the top adds additional flavor to the dish.
Enjoy the mouthwatering crispy, spicy chicken lollipop.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, let me know how it turns out for you.
Follow and Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Also, post your suggestions in the comment box below.
For more latest updates –>
Click the Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome again!!