Mutton Semi gravy is a mouthwatering and good weekend recipe for all mutton lovers. It goes well with Plain rice, Biriyani, Coconut rice Roti, Idly, Dosa, and Idiyappam. Everyone has their own way of cooking gravy. This recipe is simple, yet tasty to make. Also, this gravy won’t go wrong and it is a perfect bachelor recipe. Feel free to add your own Masala Powder. Adding Garam masala enhances the flavor of this gravy, I had this gravy with hot idly, it is delicious!!
Mutton Semi gravy
- Indian Mutton- 250gram
- Cooking oil- 3tbsp
- Shallots/Indian onion- 10 nos.
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 2 inch
- Cardamom- 3
- Green chili – 2
- Onion chopped – 1cup
- Tomato chopped- 1
- 10. Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- 11. Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- 12. Fennel seeds- 1tsp
- 13. Ginger garlic paste- 1tsp
- 14. Garam masala powder -1tbsp
- 15. Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- 16. Red chili powder-1tsp
- 17. Grated coconut- ½ cup
- Curry leaves- few
- Take the Mutton pieces to wash and clean with turmeric powder.
- Take a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water, mutton, salt and cook well for 5 whistles and keep it aside with mutton water stock.
- Add ½ tsp oil with 10 shallots, 1 chopped tomato in a pan, sauté well and keep aside.
- Take a blender to add ½ a cup of grated coconut with little water and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Take a pan to add 2tbsp oil, mustard seeds, 2cloves, 2-inch cinnamon, 2 cloves, 3 cardamom, 1tsp fennel seeds,1tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves, sauté it.
- Add chopped onions, green chilli, salt and sauté it well.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook well until the raw smell goes.
- Add 1/4tsp of turmeric powder sauté well and add cooked mutton pieces. And mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of Garam masala powder, sauté well.
- Then add the mutton stocks and mix and cook it for 5 min.
- Now add the shallot tomato paste, 1tsp of chilli powder and mix and cook for 3 min.
- Add the coconut paste, add salt req. mix and cook well for 10 min.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Pictorial step by step method Mutton Semi gravy:
Take a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water, mutton pieces, salt and cook well for 5 whistles and keep it aside with mutton water stock.
Add ½ tsp oil with 10 shallots, 1 chopped tomato in a pan, sauté well and keep aside. Take a blender to add ½ cup of fresh grated coconut with little water and blend it into a smooth paste.
Take a pan Add 2tbsp oil, mustard seeds, 2cloves, 2-inch cinnamon, 2 cloves, 3 cardamoms, 1tsp fennel seeds,1tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves, sauté it.
Add the chopped onions and green chili and saute well.
Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until raw smell goes away, add turmeric powder, mutton pieces, salt and mix well.
Add the Garam masala powder and mix well. Then, add the mutton Stock and cook well for 5 min.
Add the shallot- tomato paste, chili powder, mix, and cook for 3min. Then, add the coconut paste mix well. Check salt .Mix and cook for 10 min.
Once the oil gets separated, Garnish it with coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Yummy mutton Semi Gravy is ready to serve!!
For more Mutton Recipes check with this link MUTTON
Try it in your kitchen!!! and enjoy with your loved ones !!!
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –> Click Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
===>Say-Hii n my social media accounts ==>Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest Twitter Facebook. Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and#myclickandtick on Instagram.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome Again !!