This is vegetarian’s mutton biriyani. Mushrooms are vegan. Mushrooms contain protein, Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which help to prevent lung&breast cancer. Mushrooms contain Vitamin D, Vitamin B. It can also provide folate, vitamin B9. As many women take folic acid during pregnancy to boost fetal healthy. Here, I will explain to you how to make Mushroom Biriyani in pressure cooker method and it’s easy for quick cooking. Adding Basmati rice along with the freshly grind homemade masala will stimulate your taste bud to want more and more.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedure and pictorial method of making Mushroom biriyani in the pressure cooker method in a tasty and quick way
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
This kitchen is seasoned with Love💓💓
- Basmati rice -1 cup
- Water Ratio 1: 1.5
- Mushroom –500 kg
- Coconut oil -2 tbsp
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Shallots- 10 no
- Green Chilly -2
- Tomato -1 finely chopped
- Big onion- 1 finely chopped
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1 tsp
- Chili powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Biriyani Powder– 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf -2
- Stone flower -3
- Cinnamon- 2 1inch
- Star Anise -1
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves &mint leaves full hand
- Salt- req
- Wash and soak 1 cup of basmati rice with enough water for 20 min.
- Make a paste of Coriander & mint leaves, ginger &garlic in a blender
- Add 10 shallots in it and blend it together.
- Blend 1 tomato in a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker pan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of ghee, cinnamon, stone flower, cloves, star anise, cardamom, sauté it.
- Add chopped onion, 2 green chillies, salt and cook well till onion turns golden brown color.
- Then, Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste sauté well till raw smell goes.
- Add Coriander and mint leaf paste, shallot paste, tomato paste and sauté well.
- Then 2 tbspBiriyani Powder and 1 tsp of chilli powder,1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and sauté well on low flame.
- Add the 500gm Mushroom, salt to taste, 1 tbsp curd, ½ tsp lemon juice and mix well.(Skip curd for making it as a vegan recipe)
- Then, Add the 1 &1/2 cups of water, mix, and cook well until froth comes.
- Now, Add Basmathi rice and close the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Switch off the flame and leave it for 20 min.
Pictorial step by step method:
- Clean and chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Take a pan, Add ½ tsp oil with 15 shallots, 1 chopped tomato in a pan, Garam masala, Chilli powder, salt, Turmeric powder sauté well, and Blend it into a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Using Blender, Add 10 cashews, fennel seeds with little water, Blend it into a fine paste.
- Take a pan to heat 2 tbsp oil, mustard seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, curry leaves, sauté it.
- Add the grounded masala paste and sauté it well.
- Add chopped mushrooms, salt, cook well for 10 min.
- Then, add cashew paste, mix, cook well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Serve the tasty Mushroom gravy along with the best combo dishes like jeera rice, Ghee rice, Coconut rice, Roti, paratha, and Idiyappam to stimulate your taste buds.
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram