Mushroom Biriyani is a vegetarian’s mutton biriyani. Mushrooms are vegan. Mushrooms contain protein, Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which help to prevent lung&breast cancer. Mushrooms contain Vitamin D and Vitamin B. It can also provide folate, and vitamin B9. As many women take folic acid during pregnancy to boost fetal healthy.
Here, I will explain to you how to make Mushroom Biriyani in the pressure cooker method it’s easy for quick cooking. Adding Basmati rice along with the freshly ground homemade masala will stimulate your taste bud to want more and more.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedures and pictorial methods of making Mushroom Biriyani in the pressure cooker method in a tasty and quick way
Learning and Sharing are real Happiness!!!!!!
This kitchen is seasoned with Love💓💓
Check Veg Similar Recipes
- Basmati rice -1 cup
- Water Ratio 1: 1.5
- Mushroom –500 kg
- Coconut oil -2 tbsp
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Shallots- 10 no
- Green Chilly -2
- Tomato -1 finely chopped
- Big onion- 1 finely chopped
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1 tsp
- Chili powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Biriyani Powder– 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf -2
- Stone flower -3
- Cinnamon- 2 1inch
- Star Anise -1
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves &mint leaves full hand
- Salt- req
- Wash and soak 1 cup of basmati rice with enough water for 20 min.
- Make a paste of Coriander & mint leaves, ginger &garlic in a blender
- Add 10 shallots in it and blend it together.
- Blend 1 tomato in a blender and keep it aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker pan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of ghee, cinnamon, stone flower, cloves, star anise, cardamom, sauté it.
- Add chopped onion, 2 green chillies, salt and cook well till onion turns golden brown color.
- Then, Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste sauté well till raw smell goes.
- Add Coriander and mint leaf paste, shallot paste, tomato paste and sauté well.
- Then 2 tbspBiriyani Powder and 1 tsp of chilli powder,1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and sauté well on low flame.
- Add the 500gm Mushroom, salt to taste, 1 tbsp curd, ½ tsp lemon juice and mix well.(Skip curd for making it as a vegan recipe)
- Then, Add the 1 &1/2 cups of water, mix, and cook well until froth comes.
- Now, Add Basmathi rice and close the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Switch off the flame and leave it for 20 min. and serve it hot with onion raitha.
Pictorial step by step method to make Mushroom Biriyani :
Clean and chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
Take a Blender Add 15 shallots, 1 chopped tomato in a pan, Garam masala, Chilli powder, salt, and Turmeric powder and Blend it into a smooth paste by adding little water.
Using Blender, Add 10 cashews, Fennel seeds with little water, Blend it into a fine paste.
Take a pan to heat 2 tbsp oil, mustard seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and sauté it. Then, add the chopped onions, once the onion turns golden brown color, add the tomatoes , garam masala , turmeric powder, chili powder and cook well.
Add the grounded masala paste,Mix well and add tomato paste and cook for 2 min.
Once oil comes out. Add the chopped mushroomsGaram Masala, Chili Powde, Check for salt, and cook well for 10 min until the raw smell goes away. Mushroom itself gives Water.
Then, add 1 tbsp of curd. Mix and Cook well.
Now, Add 1/2 Lemon juice and mix well.
Adjust the water quantity .Rice : Water Ratio 1: 1 1/2. I have. added 1 1/2 cup of water and mix altogether. once the water bubbles come .Add the soaked Rice and Mix well. Close the Pressure cooker Lid and cook for about 1 whistles .
Turn off the flame. once the pressure gets released. Gently Mix the Rice. Serve the tasty Mushroom Biriyani with simple onion raitha.
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram