Healthy – Vaazhaipoo Biriyani /Banana Blossom Biriyani is a delicious and healthy one to have. Even though Banana blossom has starchy taste, you can make it tastier by this recipe.
Medicinal Benefits of Vazhaipoo /Banana blossom
It is a boon to all women, there are more medicinal benefits of Vaazhaipoo – It is the best home remedy for PCOS, excessive bleeding, treats all uterus problems, and keeps healthy. It is good to have during pregnancy time to prevent constipation and it helps to increase the breast milk supply for lactating mothers.
Check with the link for more Vazhaipoo recipes => Vazhaipoo/Banana blossom poriyal , Vazhaipoo /banana blossom kola.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedure and pictorial method of making Healthy – Vaazhaipoo Biriyani /Banana Blossom biriyani that makes your kitchen smell with the aroma of biriyani the whole day.
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
HEALTHY – VAAZHAIPOO BRIYANI/ BANANA BLOSSOM BRIYANI
- Seeraga samba rice -1.5 cups water ratio (1: 2)
- Banana Blossom –1 cups
- Coconut oil -2 tbsp
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste-2 tbsp
- Green Chilly -2
- Tomato -1 Small size
- Big onion- 1 Medium sized
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Half Lemon Juice
- Chili powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Biriyani Powder- 2 tbsp
- Coconut pieces – 5 2 inches
- Bay leaf -2
- Cinnamon- 2 2 inches
- Star Anise -1
- Coriander leaves &mint leaves – ¼ cup each
- Salt- req
- Cleaning Vaazhaipoo/Banana Blossom: TakeVaazhaipoo/Banana Blossom, open the feathery petals which are not edible, you find the florets, inside the flower, you can see the match stick like stem and transparent papery petal i.e.; calyx & pistil remove this two as it tastes bitter, chop & soaks it in the buttermilk to avoid discolouring.
- Masala paste: Take a blender, add, coconut pieces, mint & coriander leaves, Fennel seeds, add little water and blend it into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Chop the onions, tomato finely, Slit green chillies.
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes. Then drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Take pressure to heat oil & ghee, once it gets heated, add cloves, Cinnamon stick and cardamom cumin seeds, bay leaf. Sauté it.
- Add chopped onion and green chilli. Sauté well
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté well until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the coconut, mint coriander paste and sauté well.
- Then, add chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder, Biriyani powder. Saute well for a few mins.
- Now add the cleaned banana blossom/ Vazhaipoo and mix and sauté well until raw smell goes away.
- Add the ½ tbsp curd and mix well.
- Add 3 cups water, ½ lemon juice. Mix well. Allow the mixture to boil well. Add half lemon juice. After the mixture boils well and foam forms, add soaked rice, mix well, and check for salt.
- Close the pressure cooker with lid and cook it for 4 whistles in medium flame.
- Once the pressure is gone, do not disturb it for 10 more minutes. And open the cooker, fluff it gently using a spoon.
Serve the delicious and Healthy – Vaazhaipoo Biriyani with onion raitha.
Serve the tasty Mushroom gravy along with, Vazhaipoo /banana blossom kola, onion raita to stimulate your taste buds.
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and#myclickandtick on Instagram.