Dindugul Thalapakatti Chicken Biriyani is a popular Biriyani Tamil Nadu. The word is Biriyani derived from the Persian word Birian, which means fried before cooking. It’s a favorite dish for all age factors. Dindugul Thalapakatti chicken biriyani is my husband’s favorite recipe which made to me cooks the best in it so; I gathered a lot of biriyani recipes from my friends and Relatives. Soon! I will share it all with you.
Here, I will explain to you how to make Dindugul Thalapakatti Chicken Biriyani which is more famous in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. I used Seeraka samba rice which is one of the most important ingredients to add more flavor for biriyani, the freshly grind homemade masala will stimulate your taste bud to want more and more.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedure and pictorial method of making Dindigul Thalapakatti chicken biriyani that makes your kitchen smell with the aroma of biriyani the whole day. Serve it with Onion Raitha, with
- Mutton kola,
- Mutton chukka,
- Chicken Lollipop,
- Chicken 65,
- Chicken chukka ,
- Mutton semi gravy,
- Mutton liver fry
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!
This kitchen is Seasoned with Love!!💓💓
Dindigul Thalapakatti Chicken Biriyani
- Seeraka samba rice-2cups
- Water Ratio 1:2- 4cups
- Chicken –1/2 kg
- Coconut oil -4 tbsp
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Shallots- 1 cup
- Green Chilly -5
- Tomato -1
- Big onion- 1½ cup
- Curd- 2 tbsp
- ½ Lemon juice • Chilli powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Biriyani Powder-1tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste-2tbsp
- Cinnamon- 2 2 inch
- Star anise- 1
- Bay leaf -2
- Stone flower- few
- Coriander leaves&
- mint leaves few
- Salt- req
Biriyani Masala Powder preparation
- Cinnamon- 2 2inch
- Cumin seeds -1tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Star Anise -2
- Poppy seeds- 1tsp
- Fennel seeds- ½ tsp
- Blend 1 cup of shallots into a fine paste.
- Blend coriander and mint leave with little water into a fine paste.
- Blend the tomato into a fine paste.
- Blend the soaked cashews into a fine paste.
- Heat a pan with 4 tbsp of coconut oil, 3 tbsp of ghee, 2 – 2inch of cinnamon, 2 cardamoms,4 cloves, 1-star anise, saute it.
- Add chopped onion, 5 green chilies, salt and cook well till onion turns golden brown color. (it is crucial)
- Then, Add 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste sauté well until raw smell goes away.
- Add Coriander and mint leaf paste, tomato paste, onion paste, cashew paste and sauté well for a few more mins until the raw smell goes away.
- Then, add 2 tbsp Grounded Briyani masala powder and 1 tsp of chili powder, 2 Bay leaf, few- stone flower, sauté well on low flame.
- Add the ½ kg chicken, salt to taste,2 tbsp curd, ½ lemon juice, mix and cook well.
- Then, Add the 4 cups of water, mix and cook well until froth forms. Check for salt and add it.
- Now, Add Seeraga samba rice and cook for 15 min on low flame by covering with a lid.
- Cook until the rice is 80% cooked, and all the water gets absorbed. Turn off the flame.
- cover the pan with the lid and place a pan with hot water on the top of the lid and leave it for 15 min. Let the biriyani gets to cook in dum. After 20 mins open the lid, gently fluff the biriyani with a spoon, spread 1tsp of ghee, and garnish it with coriander leaves
- Serve the Tasty Dindigul Thalapakatti Chicken Biriyani with onion raitha !!!!
- You can have along with Mutton kola, Mutton chukka, Chicken 65, Mutton semi gravy, Mutton liver fry. check the recipe link!!!
How to make Dindugul Thalapakatti Chicken Biriyani step by step in pictorial method :
Heat a pan with oil, ghee, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise,sauté well. Add chopped onion and green chilies, salt, sauté until the onion turns brown color.
Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it well until the raw smell goes. Then add ,Coriander and mint leaf paste, tomato paste, onion paste, cashew paste and sauté well.
Then, add chili powder, ground biriyani masala powder, and sauté it.
Add bay leaves and stone flowers.
Add the chicken and salt. Mix and cook well on low flame. Add 2 tbsp curd. Mix well.
Add 4 cups of water, lemon juice, and mix well.
Once the forth comes. Now, add Seeraga samba rice and mix well. Check for the salt.
Cover with the lid and cook until the rice is 80% cooked, and all the water gets absorbed. Turn off the flame. Cover the pan with the lid and Place a pan with the hot water on the top of the lid and leave it for 15 min. Let the biriyani gets to cook in dum.
After 20 mins open the lid, gently fluff the biriyani with a spoon, spread 1tsp of ghee, and garnish it with coriander leaves
Dindigul thalapakkati biriyani is ready to serve with onion raitha .😋😋😋
Try it in your kitchen! If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.