Simple Dal fry is a basic lentil recipe made across India. It can be served for day to day meals, and for special occasions. We can cook dal fry in many ways, but this is the simple dal fry with basic ingredients in our kitchen.
Alternate lentils for Simple dal fry :
You can use any Dal variety to make this recipe Toor Dal, Moong Dal, Channa Dal, Masoor Dal can be used.
Simple dal fry healthy ?
Yes, Of-course Dal fry recipe is good for health and is rich in proteins. For heart patients and diabetics, add 1 tsp of ghee makes safe.
What to eat with Simple dal fry?
Simple Dal fry goes well with plain steamed rice, dosa, roti. For occasions, you can serve it with steamed plain basmati rice, Jeera rice, ghee rice, coconut rice, Vegetable biryani, all Indian flatbreads.
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
Come, I will share a simple dal fry recipe (homemade style) healthy and delicious recipe. Try this in your kitchen. I hope you all Love it
Simple Dal fry
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Shattots- 1 cup
- Tomato -1 finely chopped
- Green Chilly -2
- Ghee -2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Cumin seeds- ½ tbsp
- Garlic- 4 cloves
- Dried red chili- 1
- Heat a pressure cooker to add 1 cup of Toor dal with 3 cups of water for 5 whistles.
- Heat a 2 tbsp ghee or oil in a pan. Add ½ tbsp cumin seeds, 2 green chilies, 1 red chili broken, few curry leaves sauté well.
- Now add chopped onion and cook well till onion turns glassy.
- Then, add 1 chopped tomato, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp asafoetida, ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and sauté well on low flame.
- Add the cooked and mashed dal, salt, water and mix well.
- Once the dal gets mixed with flavors. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with hot plain rice with ghee enhance the flavor or with roti, plain paratha.
Pictorial step by step method:
Step 1: Take 1 cup of Toor dal with 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker with 5 whistles.
Step 2: Take a pan Heat a 2 tbsp ghee or oil,½ tbsp cumin seeds, 2 green chilies, 1 red chili broken, few curry leaves sauté well.
Step 3 :Add chopped onion and sauté it well
Step 4: Then Add the chopped tomato in it and cook for few minutes. and add ½tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp Asafoetida, ½ tsp chili powder,½ tsp coriander powder.
Step 5 :Add the cooked and mashed dal, salt,
Step 6 :Add water,1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well.
Finally, garnish it with coriander leaves
Try it in your kitchen! Enjoy and post your valuable comments below and tag @myclickandtick in Instagram.
If you like this recipe share with your family and friends through Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp.