100% Healthy Spinach Chapathi /Green Roti is a healthy and tasty Indian flatbread. Nowadays chapati is a regular recipe in all homes in south India. Normally kids avoid to add spinach in their meals, This recipe is the healthy dish to add in their meal.
Where to use 100% Healthy Spinach Chapathi /Green Roti?
You can have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner .you can also use this roti for wrapping purposes. Wrapping spinach chapati with Paneer Bhujri, egg masala with few onions lemon juice, tomato gives you the flawless taste. Kids love it a lot.
Whenever I find spinach, I make this chapati in our home. Now, it is a regular recipe in my kitchen. You can use any spinach varieties which is readily available with you.
Come I will share you all!!!! How to make a 100% healthy spinach chapati/Green roti with step by step pictures. Hope you all love it
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
100% HEALTHY SPINACH CHAPATHI/ GREEN ROTI
- Rolling Pin
- Wodden board
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 Garlic
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Hot water req
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Green chili
- 1 cub Arakeerai/Amaranthus Dubius
- Butter optional
- Add the arakeerai, green chillies, ginger, garlic, with little water blend well into a fine paste. Keep it aside. In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of wheat, 1/2 tsp salt,1tsp of oil, mix it well.
- Add Spinach paste, mix well. then, add hot water gradually.
- Knead well for about 10-15 min and make a soft dough. apply oil on the top of the dough, cover it with a moist cloth. let it sit for 1 hour.
- After the rest time, the dough becomes softer, knead it for 5 min. Dust the clean workspace or chapati board with flour to avoid stickiness, Roll the dough to get a long shape.
- Cut the long shape dough into small pieces with a knife and make balls between your palms.
- Roll the balls evenly using a rolling pin into a circle chapati. Dustoff the excess flour.
- Otherside, Heat the dosa Tawa and place the chapati.
- Gently, press the edge of the chapati with a cotton towel /spoon to puff up.
- Once the chapati puffs up, flip to the other side and cook for the next 1min. cook until you find the small dark spots.
- Before start doing chapati these are the tips to be noted for a soft chapati recipe.
- To make soft chapati, add hot water gradually to knead the dough.
- Adding oil keeps the dough won’t dry up and make it smoother.
- Once the dough prepared, do not keep the dough to dry. So, I use a moist cloth to cover it
- Note: you can use any green leaves.
Try it in your kitchen!!! and enjoy with your loved ones !!!
Step by step pictorial method of how to make 100% healthy spinach chapathi:
Step 1: Add clean arakeerai, green chilies, ginger, garlic, with little water blend well into a fine paste. Keep it aside
Step 2 : In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of wheat, 1/2 tsp salt,1 tsp of oil, mix it well. Add Green leaf chutney, mix well. then, add water gradually, mix well.
Step 3 : Knead well and make a dough. apply oil on the top of the dough, cover it with a moist cloth. let it sit for 1 hour.
Step 4: After the rest time, the dough becomes softer, Dust some wheat flour in the workspace to avoid stickiness, Knead well.
Step 5: Roll the dough to get a long shape. Cut the long shape dough cut it into small pieces with a knife
Step 6 : Make balls and flatten it between your palms.
Step 7: Roll the balls evenly using a rolling pin into a circle chapati. Heat the dosa Tawa and Dustoff the excess flour, place the chapati. see how the chapati puffs up.
Step 8 : ( you can make different shapes of chapati) – For triangle shape: first, make a circle chapati, Then fold it into half, Again fold it into half, Roll it with a rolling pin. you will get the perfect triangle shape. Place it in hot tawa
Flip to another side and cook for a min. gently press with the cotton towel at the edges
Step 9 :Apply butter on the top and serve hot chapathi.
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –> Click Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
If you like this recipe. Do Share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and#myclickandtick on Instagram.
Thanks for visiting my Blog, Welcome again!