Vaazhaipoo Parupu Poriyal / Banana Blossoms Dal stir fry is a healthy, tasty, popular Southindian side dish that can be served with any vegetarian meals. The process of cleaning Vaazhaipoo takes time, but it has more medicinal benefits. we all should consume it at least once a month in our meal.
Banana blossom/Vaazhaipoo is a boon to all women, there are more benefits of Vaazhaipoo – It is the best home remedy for PCOS, excessive bleeding, treats all uterus problems, and keeps healthy. It is good to have during pregnancy time to prevent constipation and it helps to increase the breast milk supply for lactating mothers. Even though Banana blossom has a starchy taste, you can make it tastier with this recipe. I am sure, you won’t skip banana blossom hereafter once you try this recipe.
Come!! I will share with you all the step by step procedure and the pictorial method of making the healthy & tasty Vaazhaipoo Parupu Poriyal /Banana blossom dal stir fry.
Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!
Similar recipes :
Vaazhaipoo Parupu Poriyal / Banana Blossoms Dal stir fry
- Vaazhaipoo/Banana Blossom-1
- Chopped Shallots- 10 nos.
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup.
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- White Urad Dal -1tsp.
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp.
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp.
- Channa dal- ¼ cup
- Dried red chilli -2
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves for tempering.
- Take theVaazhaipoo, remove the calyx & pistil from florets and soak it in the buttermilk. Then chop it well.
- Add 2cup of water, 1tsp of turmeric powder, salt, chopped Vaazhaipoo bring it to boil for 10 min, strain the Vaazhaipoo stock and keep it aside.
Masala dal paste:
- Soak ¼ cup channa dal with 1 cup of water for 15 min. Then strain the water, add 2 dried chillies, 1tsp of fennel seeds, salt, blend well into a coarse paste.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of oil, add the Masala dal paste, sauté well and keep aside.
- Take a pan with 1 tsp of oil, 1 tsp Mustard seeds & White Urad Dal, 1 tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves and saute it well.
- Add chopped shallots, salt & Saute well.
- Then, Add boiled and chopped Vaazhaipoo, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, sauté it for a few mins. then, add 2tbsp of Vaazhaipoo stock water and cook for 5 mins until the water becomes dry.
- Add grated coconut sauté well.
- Then, add the dal masala paste and sauté well for 5 min.
- Turn off the stove and serve it.
- Select Fresh Banana Blossom, to choose fresh one- open the petals and see the florets should be firm, fresh, and not discolored. If it is discolored, then the blossom is old.
- Apply oil in the hands before cleaning the banana blossom to avoid sticky and darken nails.
- Once the blossoms are cleaned and chopped, soak it immediately into thin buttermilk to avoid discoloring.
- If you are vegan, Skip buttermilk and use½ lemon juice in water.
Pictorial step by step Method to make Vaazhaipoo Parupu Poriyal :
Take Vaazhaipoo, remove the calyx & pistil from florets and soak it in the buttermilk and chop it well.
Take a pan, add 2cup of water, 1tsp of turmeric powder, salt, chopped Vaazhaipoo, bring it to boil for 10 min. Squeeze the boiled Vaazhaipoo, take stock water, keep it aside.
Soak ¼ cup channa dal with 1 cup of water for 15 min. strain the water and add soaked channa dal, 2 dried red chilies, and 1tsp of fennel seeds, salt to the blender and blend well into a coarse paste without adding water.
Heat a pan with 1 tsp of oil, add the Masala dal paste, sauté well and keep aside.
Heat a pan with oil, Mustard seeds & White Urad Dal, curry leaves. Add chopped shallots, salt & Saute well until it becomes glossy.
Add boiled and chopped Vazhaipoo, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt, sauté it for a few mins. Add 2tbsp of Vaazhaipoo stock water and cook for 5 mins until the water becomes dry.
Add grated coconut sauté well for few mins .
Then, Add the dal masala paste and sauté well for 5 mins. Turn off the Flame and serve Vaazhaipoo Parupu Poriyal with plain staemed rice with simple dal fry, Rasam.
If you try this Vazhakkai poriyal / Raw Banana Fry recipe, leave a comment below,
let me know how it turns out for you.
Follow and Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram.
Also, post your suggestions in the comment box below.
===> If you like my recipes. For more latest updates –>
Click the Subscribe button and verify it through your email.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Welcome again!!